Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Bachelorette- Frank, Chris, Ali, Roberto and that guard her heart guy.

Okay- I am prefacing this blog post with a disclaimer, I LOVE these type of shows and in particular I LOVE the Bachelorette, there maybe something clinically wrong with me, but that's the truth.

This time round (season 6 for those of you keeping count) we have Ali- the blonde beauty who left Jake in the bachelor and is so hot and fit I bet she could kick any guys arse. Then we have the harem of beautiful guys - 25 to be exact- who are fighting for her attention, therein lies the reason for me loving this show. I LOVE watching how the guys behave, with each other. It proves a point I have long known to be true- guys really are just bigger, muscular versions of girls. They fight (bitch), complain (moan) and anguish over why Ali doesn't pick them (cry).

This season was so totally entertaining- more than any other I think because of the showmanship of some of the guys (*coughJUSTINcough*), the drama (*coughFRANKcough*) and the priceless Ali faces (*coughIGOTATATTOOcough*). Oh and also the scenery- never in my life have I wanted to step foot on Iceland (okay that's a lie- the geologist in me totally wants to stand on the gap between two tectonic plates..ahem) or Prague or Tahiti (another lie- I just know its ridiculously expensive) but man it was a good advert for some of these places.

We all know how this show goes down- each week there are group dates, individual dates and a rose ceremony where someone (or two or three) are sent packing with their tail between their legs. This season however several of the guys pretty much wrote themselves out of the Ali equation by just being complete idiots, asses or jerks. Lets think back.....

1. Craig M- seriously, how did this guy get there in the first place. The minute I saw him hop out of the limo and swagger on up to Ali I was like....whoa...WTF. However he did provide some of the best entertainment during the first two episodes with his constant bullying of 'the weatherman' Jonathon. At some points I thought I was watching the "Craig and Jonathon" show. Oh and then of course came the moment where 'the weatherman' told Ali he was dangerous and he needed to go. His final interview when he turns back to camera and goes "Ohhhh I'm dangerous" pretty much showed just how right 'The Weatherman' was. Personally I am super excited that he's in Bachelorpad...whoa don't get me started on Bachelorpad.

2. Kasey- My housemate and I re watched the entire Iceland episode purely to count how many times he uttered his now famous catch phrase- say it with me "I will Guard and Protect her heart".....seriously, WTF does that even mean. I honestly don't even think that he knows what it means. If its not bad enough that he constantly tells Ali this whenever he has the chance (rarely), he sings (horribly) to her numerous times- eliciting some classic Ali WTF looks, he finally tops the crazy stakes when he gets that tattoo. Yes, seriously he got a tattoo- attempting to prove to Ali that he will guard and protect her heart. Apparently she didn't buy it cause she wigged out when he revealed the tattoo- another Epic Ali WTF face- and she sent him packing. Thank god!

3. Justin aka Rated-R - ahhhh Justin, Justin, Justin, he provided me with my first spitake for the season when he leapt into the hedge/garden with his broken leg, obviously not realising how deep it was and tried to run out of it. Yes, Justin was just in it for the fame....surprise! or Not. You think the casting guys would have learnt after the debacle during Season 5 (Jillian and Wes anyone!!!) that some guys just want their 15 minutes. Justin of course went to the extreme to prove he was in it for real (does anyone else totally NOT buy the fact he hobbled up the hill on crutches??) and gave the best acting performance I have seen on a reality show. Only for us to learn that yes he had a girlfriend (or two), in what was possibly an awkward episode with a 'friend' of Ali's breaking the news to her. Then followed the Justin silence, run and Ali's chase and now infamous "be a man" line. Personally what I found most entertaining was seeing the other guys pretty much stick their heads out of the hotel window to see what was going down! Classic!

4. Frank- Oh Frank. I had some sort of crazy ass girly crush on Frank from the moment they showed his interview in the premiere. His face, his cuteness, his glasses (its something about glasses!) and he was just so great with Ali. They had the first date- and oh my what a date it was, in my eyes perhaps one of the most perfect dates in the world. I know that if a guy did that for me he'd be getting a call the next day that's for sure. The first kiss was fantastic watching and just seeing them together you knew that something clicked. But then Frank started with the jealousy act (which I completely understand) and then the waiting and waiting for his next chance to be alone with her. The more I saw the two of them together, the more I thought- Yeah, that's right. And then they went to Tahiti, well Ali, Chris and Roberto did whilst Frank went back to Chicago. Now the "coming up on the Bachelor" promos that aired from the start of the season showed glimpses of Ali breaking down in tears with shocking news....i never thought for one minute it would be Frank that caused this. Apparently Frank was still in love with his ex-girlfriend. I presume (haven't scoured the web for confirmation) that he and Nicole (did she look all CRAZY-eyed to anyone else- perhaps that was just my jealousy setting in) broke up when he ran off to Europe to be a big fancy screenwriter and that HE did the breaking up and left HER in Chicago. I DO NOT for one minute think that Frank went into this show with a girlfriend or an ulterior motive ala Justin, but I do think that as the show progresses he had that little voice inside his head saying 'dude, you're totally not over Nicole, get the hell outta dodge and check it out'. Of course this led to the scene of total devastation and the words NO ONE ever want to hear..."Ali, we need to talk" cue another epic Ali WTF face and the next 15 minutes of drama that included and tremendous flower toss and thong throwing (flip flops for those not on my side of the pond!) that had me and my housemate laughing and then crying. Watching him get on he boat to head back to Nicole broke my heart, but well, as long as he's happy right....right?

So, finally we get to the final two: Roberto and Chris. One who I totally fell in love and the other who I was not so fussed on. My housemate hated Roberto from the beginning, she thought he was fake and swore on her life that he was the one with the girlfriend and hoped he would NOT get the final rose. Suffice to say that when Ali picked Roberto over Chris (awwwww poor Chris, I cried and I am not ashamed to admit it!) my housemate threw a hissyfit of epic proportions and vowed that Ali and Roberto will be divorced in a year and have ugly kids (she really is lovely person).

Ahhh another season has drawn  a close, with Chris potentially becoming the new Bachelor (I have already started on my application) and the Bacheorpad hitting screens this week I don't think we will be out of drama for long.  

Oh and just on a side note- surely I'm not the only one who feels sorry for Ali's sister. We all know how it feels (well I do!) to be the fat, ugly sister (I'm not saying she is- but compared to Ali...seriously come on) and the fact she had to parade around in her bathing suit on national (ad international) television...I applaud the girl! I reckon she needs to hook up with Chris.

On that note. I'm out. Pretty sure I need to get myself a copy of the Bachelorpad!!!

Thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment